Spring is around the corner get ready for Spring Skiing.
With all the snow in Aspen, it’s hard to believe that spring is just around the corner! In fact we’re a few short weeks away from the Annual Bud Light Spring Jam Festival with all the exciting competitions and music it brings. As longer days and warmer temperatures arrive, our ski lifts have started their extended hours – beckoning locals and visitors to enjoy the great ski conditions longer each day and enjoy all the special events and activities the season offers.
All four mountains have started their extended hours. Select lifts now run until 4pm each day allowing skiers to enjoy more of the spectacular views, exhilarating runs and the lively ambiance.
The SkiMo craze is alive and well in Aspen. Short for Ski Mountaineering, participants are outfitted with specialty gear and head uphill. As one of the few resorts with an open uphill traffic policy, it’s no wonder that these SkiMo enthusiasts flock to the area to enjoy their uphill adventures with other like-minded athletes. From experienced up-hillers to beginners, we have some great upcoming events.
- The Friday Morning Uphill Breakfast Club – Friday’s through April 5, 2019 from 8:45-10am. Up-hillers of all skill levels are welcome to skin up Buttermilk for breakfast at the Cliffhouse. Ute Mountaineer Events offers free rentals for this event.
- Cliffhouse Full Moon Uphill Dinner – Enjoy your uphill climb under the stars. The last full moon climb of the season is March 20m 2019, 5-8pm.
- Aspen Ascent Uphill Festival – Enjoy uphill clinics, visit vendor exhibits and see the lastest SkiMo gear at this top of the mountain party, March 30-31, 2019.
The mountains offer a wide variety of options for new and experienced uphill climbers to enjoy the last few months of winter. Consider an uphill ascent to Highland Bowl and take in the spectacular views of the valley. At 12,392 feet at the summit, SkiMo enthusiasts are rewarded for their efforts with breathtaking scenes and untouched powder on the 2500-foot vertical descent.
After working up an appetite, it’s time to enjoy the vibrant après-ski environment of Aspen. New and old friends will find a plethora of venues where they can dance to music, dine on foodie-style menus and celebrate another fun day on the slopes.
- Clicquot in the Snow – The celebratory atmosphere is epitomized by the annual Clicquot in the Snow which returns each spring and takes place from 2-6pm from February 8 – April 21, 2019. The Ajax Tavern is the place to see and be seen. Flowing Veuve Clicquot champagne is served to guests relaxing on the sunny patio or enjoying the music and festive ambiance.
- Après Ski Cocktail Classic – Mixologists gather in Aspen each year for this celebration of “après ski.” From tasting experiences, snow parties, pop-up bars, spirit-paired special menus to seminars from award-winning mixologists, March 14-17, 2019 brings back this unique festival. Don’t miss the vibrant atmosphere of the Great Après Ski Pub Crawl and Cocktail Competition and you might forgo the chardonnay for a new elixir.
- Bud Light HI-Fi Concert Series – This free, outdoor concert series turns up the fun in Aspen and Snowmass.
- March 5: Turkuaz, Snowmass
- March 15: Chromeo, downtown Aspen
- March 16: Robert Randolph & The Family Band, downtown Aspen
- March 23: Band TBD, Aspen Mountain Gondola Plaza
- Bud Light Spring Jam – The party atmosphere of Aspen takes on a new high from March 15-24, 2019 with the Bud Light Spring Jam. Two weeks of concerts, parties and ski competitions offer something for everyone. Freestyle Fridays, the Banked Slalom, KickAspen, CORE Party and so much more in this mountain party. New this year Snowmass has added a massive adventure race/ scavenger hunt which spans all four ski areas. The Helly Hansen 4 MTN Mission takes place on March 17, 2019.
While the winter is winding down, spring in Aspen brings a fresh thrill all its own. Filled with festivals, music, libations and special events, Aspen celebrates the longer days, warmer afternoons which only enhance the pristine snow conditions.