In this post, we’re sharing our top 10 activities to do in Aspen this summer…
1) Let The Spa Be Your RemèdeWhether you’ve spent the day hiking or biking around Aspen’s mountain ranges or not, take a well-deserved load off at the luxurious Remède Spa inside The St. Regis Aspen Resort.
2) Get Some Retail TherapyThere’s nothing a little high-end retail therapy can’t fix, and Aspen absolutely delivers when it comes to incredible shopping experiences. Explore the extensive list of shops and boutiques at Aspen Chamber. Find everything from opulent jewelry outlets, shoe boutiques, home decor stores, and much more all located at the foot of the breathtaking Rocky Mountains.
3) Enjoy A Fine Dining ExperienceEqually as impressive as Aspen Chamber’s collection of luxury shopping outlets is its collection of fine dining restaurants. Whatever it is you’re in the mood for, you’ll find it here.
4) Stop By The Aspen Art MuseumAspen is a renowned destination for arts and culture. Take it all in with a tour of The Aspen Art Museum, the city’s very own non-collecting contemporary art museum.
5) Listen To Some Live Music Atop Aspen MountainDo you still feel like making the trek up Aspen Mountain even without all the snow? We don’t blame you—the views are even more spectacular from the 11,212-foot-high summit with clear, sunny skies. And when there’s live music there to greet you, the trip up is all the more worth it.
6) Get Out On The GreenIf you enjoy nothing more than teeing off for a relaxing day out on the green, then the Aspen Golf Club is ready to welcome you.
Spend a sunny afternoon driving some balls far out into the refreshing Aspen air on this Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary course. Learn more about how you can get a pass here.
7) Make Yourself At Home At Here HouseAfter the frustrating social limitations of last summer due to the pandemic, the summer of 2021 is all about making up for lost time with friends. When in Aspen, there’s no better place to hang out than Here House, an exclusive design-driven clubhouse for Aspen’s creative-minded crowd.
While the club is strictly members-only, you can purchase a Here House day pass—however, be aware, those passes are limited in availability.
8) See A Show At Theatre AspenThe arts and culture scene is intrinsic to Aspen’s way of life, which is why locals take enormous pride in having a world-class dramatic theatre right here within the city.
Theatre Aspen is Aspen’s home for the performing arts, consistently featuring award-winning outdoor productions by some of Broadway’s best performers. To reserve a seat at Theatre Aspen’s next big show, grab your tickets here.
9) Stop By The Aspen Farmers MarketIf you love cooking as much as we do, you’ll have no issues finding inspiration at the Aspen Saturday Market.
This fantastic farmer’s market showcases some of Colorado’s freshest locally-grown produce and locally-produced goods as vendors, farmers, and visitors alike gather here on Saturday mornings. The market also has live music playing for a fantastic ambiance and a great way to start your weekend!
Stop, shop, and eat your heart out at the Aspen farmer’s market every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
10) Gaze Up At The Snowmass Balloon FestivalOne of Aspen’s most cherished and iconic events is the annual Snowmass Balloon Festival where 30 hot air balloon pilots are invited to Aspen to compete in a series of high-altitude challenges and races while spectators far below gather to marvel at their aerial prowess.
Occurring every September, this special festival almost symbolizes summer’s end in the most visually spectacular way imaginable as the massive hot air balloons filled the Aspen air with color. Ensure you don’t miss out on this free event if you plan to take a late-summer trip to Colorado.