Welcome to Old Snowmass
Sprawling mountain vistas and historic ranch charm
Nestled in the valley of the Roaring Forks River lies the tiny hamlet of Old Snowmass. Known for its mountain vista views and grazing horses along bucolic ranch landscapes, Old Snowmass is a quiet and private mountain community. Neighbors are typically acres away, allowing privacy on all four corners of expansive properties and most homes feature historical, rustic charm. Originally a small cattle-raising community, Old Snowmass retains its farming history with its serene ranch-style neighborhoods scattering the mountains and valleys of the countryside. Perfect for equestrians, nature-lovers, and those seeking a year-round getaway, Old Snowmass is a pastoral paradise minutes from downtown Aspen.
What to Love
- Soaring mountain landscapes and peaceful trails for horseback riding
- Gorgeous, country-style homes on acres of land
- Proximity to local upscale amenities in downtown Aspen
Brimming with ranches on private estates, Old Snowmass residents enjoy a tranquil paradise away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Enjoy days spent in the outdoors hiking, biking, and camping along some of the most iconic and stunning views in America and experience the well-loved ski slopes during the winter months. Old Snowmass roads become a winter wonderland for cross-country skiers and local ponds and lakes turn into world-class skating rinks in your neighborhood.
When you’re ready to leave your idyllic retreat, downtown Aspen is just a few minutes away for five-star dining and upscale shopping opportunities. The St. Regis Aspen Resort offers excellent fare, and diners can choose from sophisticated cocktail lounges and sit-down restaurants with modern mountain cuisine. Visit the Aspen Saturday Market for local produce, goods, and special events and enjoy name-brand shopping at Gucci, Prada, Valentino, and lululemon along the main street.
Fall in love with all Old Snowmass has to offer and enjoy the beauty of the natural Colorado wonders in your own backyard!
Old Snowmass is home to a number of excellent schools. Top educational opportunities include:
- Aspen High School, 9-12, highly rated public high school ranked #22 in the state, graduates of this school regularly attend Ivy Leagues and other top-ranked universities
- Aspen Middle School, 5-8, highly rated public middle school among the top 50 in the state
- Aspen Elementary School, PK-4, well-rated public elementary school
- Aspen Country Day School, PK & K-8, highly rated private school
- Aspen Community School, K-8, highly rated private elementary school among the top 50 in the state
Search All Homes